Friday, March 26, 2010

Now the season really gets underway

With our arrival in Pella, IA, in the next 20 minutes, I thought I'd write a quick post tonight as we are about to really get our season started. It seems like eons ago that we actually played a game, and I'm hoping we don't come out too rusty tomorrow afternoon against a tough, scrappy, aggressive Central squad who already beat us 2-0 in Florida a couple weeks ago. I'm hoping we've improved, and I know that having the opportunity to practice outside the past 2 weeks should factor into our improvement. We are on the road for the next 7 days, playing 5 doubleheaders. I must admit, the bus ride has gone extremely fast compared to the 21 hours it took us to get to Panama City Beach, FL!

When we arrive home a week from today, we will have almost half of our season complete. It never ceases to amaze me how compact the softball season is in the Midwest and other "northern" states. It seems that just when we get started, the season is over - and we've practiced and practiced, and practiced and..........

I've been listening to the team's rendition of several different songs coming from the back of the bus tonight, and I'm thinking that if their softball careers don't work out for them, the next American Idol might just be wearing a Blugold uniform! I've even heard some harmony among the noise and it's been quite impressive. After all, we DO have a vocal performance major back there - but her "softball" voice, and her "opera" voice are 2 very different sounds! :)

Will keep you up-to-date with what I'm hoping are highlights during the next week!

For the Love of the Game,
Coach H

No comments:

Post a Comment